Smoky salmon and spicy red hot pepper sauce unite to create these unique, protein rich deviled eggs.
The inspiration behind these spicy smoky salmon deviled eggs is the underlying flavor profile of a spicy smoky salmon dip that a friend at my church makes upon occasion. This dip is major yummy and though I didn’t have the exact ingredients on hand, I was able to create a lovely improvised version with what I did have in store in my home when the craving for these deviled eggs struck.
The ideal main ingredient for these deviled eggs is high quality smoked salmon. However, if you are unable to acquire or make high quality smoked salmon, you can substitute by using canned or otherwise cooked salmon and adding some liquid smoke.
One or two of these deviled eggs would make a great snack or a post workout protein recovery.
Spicy Smoky Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 6 ounces smoked salmon OR 6 ounces canned salmon (no bones) plus 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ¼ cup low or no sugar mayonnaise
- 2 ounces ⅓ fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
- dried dill, for garnish (optional)
- Cut all the eggs in half lengthwise. Pop out the yolks into a medium sized bowl.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients except the dill until well blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg whites. Garnish with dill.
Nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on several factors. Please read my Nutrition Disclaimer.
Did you know that you could center the yolks in your hard boiled eggs, making them easier to pop out without destroying the white part? Learn how to do that and how to perfectly hard boil your eggs here. And you can learn how to peel your hard boiled eggs quickly and easily here.